Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Don't cheap out on photography


Photography is the most important investment in your wedding, at the end of the day all you will have to remember your wedding day are your pictures, and you don't want to regret the photographer you chose. I recently done a wedding my client hired their photographer before hiring me. They told me they paid 500 dollars for full coverage and they had already paid him in full my mouth hit the ground, that immediately set off red flags for me no good photographer is that cheap!! On the day of the wedding he arrived on time, then left for batteries when he came back he missed my bride and getting dressed. The ceremony was very beautiful my bride and groom wrote their own vows which brought everyone to tears I noticed the photographer was no where to be found I started to look for him to ask him how come he was not getting those shots he was siting down watching as if he was a guest!! I pulled him to the side and told him to get those shots he got up got a few shot and sat back down, I had to look for him throughout the night telling him what shot to get. As the night came to an end I went to load the up the gifts for my bride and groom. I came back to get ready for the grand exit with bubbles and he was gone!! I was very disappointed my bride and groom didn't seem to mind too much. I don't think they paid attention to what all he missed but they will notice when they get their pictures back that he missed so much of their day. I don't blame my bride and groom because a lot of couples who are not familiar with the wedding industry have no idea how much certain things cost. I would say photography is one of the most important investments in your wedding, you should hire a professional, do your homework, go to their website and view their work, do not make your decision based on who is the least inexpensive base your decision off of their work. Please don't cheap out on your photography you will regret it in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment